Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mt Tam Hill Climb and end of season Bocce






Well... the season is officially over! As the race director for this year's Mt Tam Hill Climb, I can say: it went off perfectly!! On Friday, the weather was incredibly windy and I thought that no women would beat the 50 minute challenge, but there was no wind on Saturday and two women did just that! I think about 500 racers showed up for a gorgeous day of racing in Marin County.

In addition, we had Ned Overend racing on our local turf! How cool is that? I had so much help and all were friendly faces. So many CRCers showed as well as borrowed race volunteers like Monique from Metromint, Jenn and Raymond from Squadra, Netti and Skot from Taylor and Rafael from just SF who thought it would be fun to get out of bed at 4:45 to help me at the Hill Climb!?! Who could forget the infamous Mike Neel also working reg!

Sunday was even warmer and my end of season Bocce Ball BBQ at the Marin Bocce Ball courts was such fun. But it was over 100 on those courts so not too many people wanted to play! My sangria was a hit, though!

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, September 22, 2006 , Blogger Breeego said...

Great pics, except for the one of the angry CRC girl riding alone. What's up with dat?

 
At 8:46 PM, September 25, 2006 , Blogger Velovera said...

CRC girl? Breego, I thought that was a dude!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home