Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bike To Work - -- Colorado


I know, Bike to Work day in Sf was around May 15th, but here in CO, we wait a little while. I have been riding my cross bike to work about 3 times a week for the last month or more and today I got to stop and get coffee at the REI on the way to work. Actually, they also tuned my cross bike as I was having to use my foot to get it into the little ring. I know, ultimate laziness. I was sad though as they were not giving out musette bags here in CO.

The news folks were at REI but when they realized that there was a dead body discovered on the bike path, they went to cover that instead. I don't think that this person was on their way to work...

Last night I had the pleasure of riding with Adam (CRC/SF) who was in town driving his parents' mini van. We started out into the wind and rain and our top speed was about 14 mph and we were working for that, but soon the rain stopped and the wind got calm. We had a fun time riding to and back from Golden. Adam is also the first CRC to see my new house. Jenn tried last week but was delayed 3 hours in SF thanks to United and didn't get to see my house. Next time!!

In other news, a RT DIA-LAX ticket at the last minute for work runs $770. Earlier this year, it was $450. I know gas prices went up but really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home