Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life Without Racing Doesn't Seem Bloggerific

I stopped racing because I had surgery in July and well, I was just done with the season after having fought an infection for months. But, something really fun happened - - I started to race cyclocross. It's such a different and fun kind of racing and I pretty much totally suck, but I am loving it! After every race, the bruises start to come out and I feel like a little kid.

I also downgraded for the first time. I was told that my results were showing up as a Cat 3 and Cat 4 and I couldn't understand why until I looked at my license and duhhhhh, it had me down as a Cat 3. I wrote both the ACA and USCF and downgraded back down to a 4! Woohoo! How much fun to be a Cat 4 again! I show up at the start and I am not nervous because it's racing with no expectations.

Otherwise, the kitty (Miss Nerezza, AKA Curious Georgia, Swiffer, Snickerdoodle, Fancy Fur) is 6 months old, a tyrant and the cutest thing ever. When I travel, I make sure I have at least two people coming to visit with her. I hate leaving her and play the guilty mom when I come home from a 12 hour work-day and find half eaten tomatoes on the kitchen counter, plants in the sink and things from the counter in my bedroom. Yes, quite the tyrant.

Anyway, I guess I am sort of blogging again. This coming weekend is my second try at Xilinx. Considering last weekend it was 39 degrees and raining, I think that this weekend will be a little easier. Although, I loved the crap weather and the idea of getting out of my PJs for a freezing race. I was covered from head to toe in mud and post race, I realized my butt was totally frozen. Ahhh, cross!

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, October 22, 2008 , Blogger EB said...

Yay! Glad to hear you're enjoying that particular circle of hell ;).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home