Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rocky Mountain Hi!



Hi y'all.

Well, it's official - - I am a resident of Colorado. It doesn't feel so permanent as I am living in a hotel and driving a rental Subaru (every other car here is a Subaru station wagon- - SERIOUSLY.) But, seeing all my belongings packed into 36 boxes, 18 cartons, 4 wardrobe boxes and 2 crates (plus the actual furniture) is a pretty clear sign. I thought I would stay in the Bay Area through today, but the movers were driving straight to Colorado and would be arriving on Friday morning, so I had to be here Friday morning, too.

My little house was supposed to be painted so that the movers could help me unpack, instead, I have boxes and furniture lining the middle of the house and the middle of each bedroom. The landlord replaced the bedroom carpet and it's an awful dark brown - - throw back to the 90's college apartment complex. I am pretty upset, but can't deal as the rest of the place is a mess, too. Ho hum... was wondering if I should have taken the bungalow with the crazy lease instead?? I am sure I will be fine.


I built up my bikes and rode to Golden on Friday afternoon where I found out that I need a new bottom bracket. My heart didn't feel too bad, but I am going so much slower than I normally do. Jenn gave me a loop out of Boulder which I tried yesterday - - very, very pretty and I got passed by old men. I went to watch part of a Crit in Boulder and found it strange to watch racers I don't know. I pinned some guys number which made me feel helpful.

Last night I met up with about 40 people I didn't know for a bike pub crawl. Most of you know that I am a huge drinker and hanger out of bars (not) but I thought doing something different wouldn't be bad. I got my WTB for the crawl and had a lot of fun. I met a couple of people who had lived in SF and Cole Valley of all places. There was a small crash on the way to bar #4. I stayed back from the main group in case wheels should tap.


Here's me on my last day. I drove to Saucy and had lunch with Jenn and then to Emporio Rulli for tea and a yummy something and then to the bridge for photos.

My dad and step mom took me to Blowfish for my last meal in SF.

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, May 22, 2007 , Blogger elis said...

Aw, you have a front yard! I hope it's been good so far -- the first weekend is usually a decent test.

 
At 8:27 PM, May 22, 2007 , Blogger Janelle said...

I know where I'm vacationing this summer! I love the ride to Golden....hmmm...altitude training....hmmm....

 
At 11:41 AM, May 23, 2007 , Blogger Velovera said...

i have a backyard, too! come and have a bbq with moi!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home