San Diego and a Wedding
In my first year of law school, there was this girl and she seemed sort of strange and hung out constantly with this guy who was annoying. One night they threw these large grapefruit things that grew on campus against my building because another friend lived below me. I am sure that my friends in my first year were also viewed as annoying. This girl became one of my very best friends our second year of law school and when she drove off after graduation to study for the bar in San Diego, I cried and cried as I new that Jess and I would never live a few blocks from each other ever again. Jessica and I have travelled through Europe more than once, I have learned to really like San Diego, appreciate soccer and generally just share everything with her. We manage to get injurred in our sports, but usually when the other is healthy.
This weekend was her wedding. She married an awesome South African, Marc who happens to also race bikes (there is a lord!) and made her get a bike last year! Marc is so cute, he introduced me to his friends as a Cat2 bike racer. He is almost more excited about the upgrade than I am! So sweet.
The wedding was amazing, there was no bike racing at all. I learned something VERY interesting though. I am a CHEAP date. One glass of wine and I am tipsy. I drank like a fish last night and even did shots of Tequila and Makers Mark. I never do anything remotely close to this. I even finished off my evening of shots and 7 glasses of wine with a gin and tonic. I never really felt drunk and woke up feeling totally normal today. Thank you Denver altitude!!!

1 Comments:
So you got the upgrade. Great!
Unlike you, I always drink a lot at social events and always seem to feel very drunk by the end. Think it is the low Texas altitude? :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home