Up and Coming... I Feel Old

When I lived in Switzerland, my bf at the time and I would drive up to this tiny town in Vaud called Orbe. Matt had worked at the local bike shop called "Wyssam" where he got a crash course in French bike terms as he didn't know any French. The owner, Sam was so nice and we would spend a lot of time there looking at all the fancy stuff. The riding out of Orbe was also just amazing although every time we went to ride there we were plagued with flat tires and crazy hail storms.
Sam's son, Danilo was about 14 when I met him. He wanted to be a pro and would just stop in the shop to say hi to his mom and dad. I also want to copy the name of their dog, Guidoline (handlebar tape in French).
Anyway, Danilo got 3rd at the U23 Paris Roubaix and is now at the Tour of Quatar racing for BMC. Pretty cool... and boy do I feel old!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home