Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ass Kickin'

I love how when guys go out for an easy ride, I can barely hang on. There were times during the 65 or so mile 4,000 feet of climbing or so ride that I wanted to turn around and go home. I felt bad because 1) I felt like I was holding back two strong guys who may never want me to ride with them again and 2) I also felt like I just wasn't going to make it home. I made it home, did my whole fizzy wa...

One day back in Switzerland when I was out test riding the Kestrel I ended up buying, in the middle of a ride there was a discussion of whether we liked "eau gaseuse" or regular tap. I said, "yeah, I like fizzy wa" and never said another word for the next hour as I struggled to get back home. This was sort of the same thing. I have to say, it is always good to have my ass seriously kicked every so often (which may very well happen next Monday at the first annual NRC Tour of CA women's crit). I guess I got some practice in the ass kickin' yesterday.

The weather...

It was supposed to be nicer today than yesterday (we had sun and 50's yesterday.) The weather peeps were very wrong. I went house hunting this morning and it was 33 and sort of overcast. When I got home from seeing my dream house that is a little out of reach for me (had the best room ever - - a library), the weather got better. A few short emails with some team mates of where, when, and what's your number, I met AC and Kristen at Amante for a 2-3 hour nice easy ride. The weather was pretty nice. In about ten minutes it changed and got very cold. It in fact was 35F when my hands and wrists went numb. We road back through Longmont to AC's house and his lovely wife and also a team mate of mine offered to drive me back to Amante. I accepted. There's a time when you are just too cold to warm up. I didn't get warm until I took my 20 minute shower tonight.

I also managed to get two parking tickets this weekend. One, in front of my house because I don't have a front license plate (I think it breaks the lines of the car and I am lacking a mount for the license plate) and two in front of Amante because my car was about a foot into a bus stop. Thank god Boulder doesn't charge SF bus stop parking fees ($271 vs. $25). I need to save my down payment and that $271 would have made me return the new lens I bought for my camera last night when I went to Wolf to replace a lost lens cap and emerged with a new lens, filters and camera bag. Happy Birthday to me!

8 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, February 10, 2008 , Blogger EB said...

You're coming to the ToC? Yay!

Happy (almost) birthday -- the 13th, right?

Saw Virg in her new kit today...she got the podium!

 
At 8:19 AM, February 11, 2008 , Blogger Chris said...

Good luck with the race.

Those bastards gave you a parking ticket? Did you tell them that you are Velovera??

 
At 9:05 AM, February 11, 2008 , Blogger Velovera said...

NO WAY! Cherry Pie? Woohoo... need to talk to that CRC alum.

Elis... you racing TOC, too? I am such a sorry-ass winter liver these days. I hope to hang on for the first 10 minutes.

 
At 9:52 AM, February 11, 2008 , Blogger Seth Rubin said...

Winter liver . . . that sounds like some sort of drinking problem. Nice riding Saturday! Most of the guys we know would have been crying and ready to turn around after Lookout, making excuses like having left the iron on or some such nonsense.

 
At 2:25 PM, February 11, 2008 , Blogger EB said...

Yup, I'll be there. History in the making! I've heard that team High Road is planning to be there with a full euro contingent and will be bringing out the big guns.

I can't fricking wait. :)

 
At 4:50 PM, February 11, 2008 , Blogger Velovera said...

High Road, women? Let's try and support each other, if not by following each other's butts but at least verbally! You were the reason I came in 5th at Albany as a cat 4 and the reason I won at Timpany the next week!!! boohoo... remember those days?

 
At 12:10 PM, February 12, 2008 , Blogger EB said...

High Road women. Ina, Judith, Kristin, Mara...I am so pumped :). I will be hanging on for dear life with every fiber of my being, but I'll be sure to save enough air to cheer on the locals in the race. Moral support is definitely going to factor into this one!

 
At 7:29 PM, February 12, 2008 , Blogger Velovera said...

Ina as in "reconstructed lady bit" Ina? WOW!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home