F&*k, F(*k, F$%k
I actually trained this week and went out to race the Niwot Cat 3 crit after talking to Patria about possibly catting up to 2 in the ACA and trying to get on a team. The course was actually pretty fun. It was a figure 8, but the first side was really long. The field was small and we actually started off pretty fast as I launched off the front to start so that we would drop anyone who wasn't fast enough and sort of set the precedence.The strange thing was that no one pedalled into the turns and this one GS Boulder chick kept elbowing me. I asked this Chicago girl if the woman was a bitch or just not stable. Chicago thought she was just squirly.
The final four turns were tight and two were pretty sweeping and you had to be really careful. I took the second to last turn in about 5th place with someone on my side. The turn was almost a 180 and very sweeping. She hit her pedal, she slid out right in front of me. I am stupid for allowing this person to be ahead of me. It was too late. I was going over 20 when her bike went out in front of me. I launched over her bike but managed to land chest first on her 20 year old Trek. Tinkie slid under the Trek. I have the biggest hematoma on my right hip and road rash all along my right arm. I just screamed "FUCK" over and over again. Got on my bike and finished, bleeding and out of the points that I really wanted.
I thought I had cracked a rib and was sort of hyperventilating, but after a few minutes, I felt much better.
And Tinkie? Very bent rear derailleur and tab. BooHoo. I have been pouting all day. This was the race I wanted to do well in, I even woke up this morning with butterflies and had to have some pepto before breakfast. I am never nervous anymore as this was about my 35th race of the season. Pout.
I saw "The Nanny Diaries" with Patria last night. I think it was worse than what I read in the reviews, but I was in need of a chick flick.
Next week: The Giro. I hope I don't feel really awful tomorrow, but getting in and out of my car is very challenging!

4 Comments:
Ouch! Heal quickly and good luck with your future upgrade.
Total bummer Vera! Sorry about the crash and damage to your body and beloved bike. That sucks. But you are totally RAW for getting up and finishing the race. Fuel that anger into a podium spot at the Giro next Monday.
ouch! no fun, Vera. maybe we'll see you at the Giro. Hans might even race.
I will be there! Ouchies and all.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home