Lufthansa and the Ford Focus
So, I drove 700km through Italy in the past three days. I was the only one on the road between Florence and Sienna on the SS222 which twists and turns. I was thankful that no one was in my car as they would have gotten sick! BTW, I am an awesome driver in Italy - -it's a giant crit! Getting through Florence this morning in traffic was crazy, but again, sort of fun! Four lanes merge into one (no lane markings either) everyone is trying to go a different direction along the traffic circle. It's great!
I stopped in Lucca but I didn't see Mario. I drove through Livorno, but I didn't see Paolo. I did however see MANY old and large men on very nice bikes riding along the small roads of Chianti and I was jealous. The weather was very nice, around 60s and sunny. Unlike in France where the old men ride in shorts even when it's 0 out, the men in Italy were bundled up to the point where I was hot just looking at them (no, not that type of hot).
As for my flight back, my regional flight was delayed almost 2 hours to Frankfurt which wasn't good as I had an hour and 55 in Frankfurt. But, after running like a mad woman (as you know, cyclists don't usually run so well), I made my flight. I again got 4 of my own seats and settled down for sleep with my Ambian. I slept only an hour which doesn't seem right being that I am supposed to get like 6. Then I was sort of semi conscious for a while. Then the turbulence started and I ended up using the barf bag for the first time ever while in flight. The previous time was some bad Jamba juice in San Diego and I barfed before the flight took off. I was so sad, embarrassed and annoyed with the flight attendant who looked at me and said, this is not part of our duties. Ahhhh, thanks! I told her she wasn't nice and unlike Swiss Airlines, where I would have been ignored, she brought me chamomile tea.
And now, here I am... home in my house that still has not seen repairs or cleaning and because of the hole and no protection to the outer world, it was 40 in my house when I got home. FAB.

2 Comments:
They have Fords over there? How does the gas mileage compare?
Stay warm...if it helps, it has been bitter bitter cold here in the Bay Area (and I just got back from New York so I have more than our standard winters to compare it to!).
it was a little ford focus... mileage was fine, the $8 per gallon wasn't!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home