Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crash that Gala!


This year was a lot more mellow and you won't see me on VS. hugging Bob Roll.

So, last year I was part of the modeling crew for the Tour of California Gala. I was not asked back and frankly, I didn't care. I noticed that all the racers were waiting for the call up to the stage at a certain restaurant and why not skip wearing spandex on stage for more time with the pros?

Jenn and I arrived, had a large glass of wine each in time to run into Bettini and have our (we have decided) annual joint kiss with him. He didn't put his hands down the back of Jenn's pants this year! We actually had some time to chat and have fun with Bettini later on and he's actually very fun and down to earth. He also grabbed my hand and cupped it on his butt (it had nothing with me asking to pinch his butt). Anyway, I saw Alex and he asked Jenn and me to join his team in the Gala, so we marched into the Gala with BMC and then stood around the Gala having fun with Bettini, Boonen and Alex. I was a temporary soigné as you can see holding all their bags.


I didn't know that Danilo Wyss was going to race the Tour of CA and so when they announced him on stage, I was very excited. I ended up chatting with him and told him that I had met him when he was 14. He was happy to have a friendly face here in CA.

Of course I think the evening's excitement was the fashion war between Slipstream and Rock Pubic. Of course, both teams didn't show up for the dinner and were late to the team presentation. Mario came in like he was a movie star. I stopped and chatted with Floyd as I still do like him. I also met Tyler Hamilton who still looks 12 although he looked like he had been tanning lately.

Jenn's dream was to meet Mario and we sort of did. There was a mob scene around him, but as you can see, we both got our photos with the Lion King. ROAR.


Also, we met Robin Williams who is a spazz as usual. He modeled up on the stage and then did a little skit referring to Lance as the "uni-baller". Pretty funny! I told him how both Jenn and I received a text from Rafael the day that Robin Williams had kicked Raf's butt up Camino Alto and how devastated Raf was after that moment.

All in all a very awesome evening!

4 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, February 18, 2008 , Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

OMG! you crashed the gala? no way?

they didn't ask me to be a model again either. I heard they used kids from the HS mtn bike league this year.

 
At 9:20 PM, February 18, 2008 , Blogger Velovera said...

Nope... used close friends and employees of ABO. Robbin Williams, too.

I didn't crash the gala, alex brought jenn and me in as sort of soinges of BMC.

 
At 5:43 PM, February 21, 2008 , Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

what's ABO?

 
At 4:03 PM, March 13, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey how do you know Jenni D?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home